During the coronavirus outbreak we are here to provide support for those who are self-isolating or anxious about the impact of the virus on themselves and their families and loved ones.
This Covid-19 related support will be in addition to continuing to provide support for people with problems such as stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia, and we will continue to accept referrals and offer support. We are providing brief focused interventions to people by telephone or video call and the option of online treatments.
Below we have gathered some resources that may be helpful:
The NHS guidance can be found on their website here: nhs.uk/coronavirus.
On the NHS website they have advice about staying at home for everyone, for people who are at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus, and what to do if someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus.
The CNWL website also has a page about coronavirus, with easy-read materials available
Our CNWL Talking Therapies leaflet contains tips on how to cope with isolation, as well as contact details for our services and local councils if you feel like you need support:
Below you will find a collection of materials that have been created on a range of topics to help during the Coroanvirus outbreak.
- How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis
- Living Well Together In Lock Down – advice for couples
- Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- Psychological survival guide for covid
- Staying Well When Social Distancing
- Steps to Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Pack for Self Isolation
- When things are beyond our control
- A guide for remaining active during self-isolation
- Supporting yourself and others - created by the British Psychological Society
- A link to the British Psychological Society's coronavirus webpage which also has resources
On our “Helpful Resources” page has a selection of workbooks that can be downloaded for you to work through in your own time. They cover topics such as Worry Management, Relaxation, Maintaining Wellbeing, and Managing Stress (among others). You can find the booklets here.
Talking to children about Coronavirus
- Child Friendly Explanation of Coronavirus.
- Talking to your children about Coronavirus – advice from the British Psychological Society
- Covibook – A short book to support and reassure our children, under the age of 7, about Coronavirus
Below you will find some self-help videos that were created by Brent’s Clinical Psyhcology team. You can watch the “Coping with self-isolation” video below, or click on any of the links to watch the videos on YouTube:
- Hope and optimism during the Covid outbreak
- 5 senses mindfulness
- Mindfulness of thoughts (thought diffusion)
- Turning the mind
If you are struggling with self-isolating or anxious about the impact of the virus on yourself or your loved ones, you can refer yourself to our services for a brief, targeted intervention as well as access to resources and signposting where appropriate. You can refer yourself by clicking the “Refer me” button below.