Before attending your face to face appointment, please read our visitor guidance (available as a PDF document on the left hand side of this page).
If you answered "No" to all questions in the guidance:
- Please attend your appointment as normal (unless you develop a new symptoms in the meantime).
- Please ensure you wear a face mask or face covering for your appointment.
- If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please contact the service to arrange alternative options for your treatment.
If you answered "Yes" to any of the questions in the guidance:
- Please do not attend your appointment.
- Please ensure that you cancel your appointment by contacting the service via email or telephone. Note: An alternative may be possible, such as arranging a telephone or remote video appointment.
By answering “yes” to the questions, you might have coronavirus (COVID-19) and would be advised to self-isolate.
Self-isolation is when you do not leave your home because you have or might have coronavirus (COVID-19).
This helps stop the virus spreading to other people.
Please note that our staff may be asked to work from home at short notice over this period, which could cause a disruption to our face-to-face sessions. In this instance, you will be offered a remote session in replacement of this session.
Finally, please review the information on the NHS website, which you can find by clicking on this link.